“In timpul domniei lui Alexandru Ipsilanti (1774-1782), in jurul bisericii se infiinteaza un han cu pravalii, manastirea fiind fortificata cu un nou zid, foarte gros, inalt de sapte metri. In anul 1779 se rezideste clopotnita de zid, pe care se aseaza o placa de marmura cu initialele domnitorului si stema familiei.”
(During the reign of Alexander Ypsilanti (1774-1782),…, the monastery was fortified with a new wall, very thick, seven meters tall. In 1779 it was build a bell tower, where there is a marble plaque with the initials of the ruler and the family coat of arms).
(Iasi) Trei Ierarhi Monastery (J 1845)
“The printing house established at Trei Ierarhi (Three Hierarchs) is considered to be the first in Moldova. The printing press issued the first book in Romanian “Cartea romaneasca de invatatura” (Romanian Book of Knowledge) (1643), and also other reference books for the Romanian culture.
In 1821, it’s from the courtyard of the Monastery Three Hierarchs that was given the signal for the liberation of Greece, through the voice of Alexandru Ipsilanti who presented a Proclamation (28 February 1821) in which he stated the objectives of the Eteria, in it’s fight for the liberation of the Balkan nations.
In 1997, in the monastery’s churchyard was unveiled the bust of Mihai Eminescu, who had lived here for a while.”
“Church’s dedication day is the feast “The Three Holly Hierarchs: Vasile (the Great), Grigore (de Nazianz), Ioan (Gura de Aur), on the 30th of January.
Alexandru Callimachi (1737 – 12 December 1821) was Prince of Moldavia during the period of 6 May 1795 through 18 March 1799.
He was succeeded by son-in-law Constantine Ypsilantis.
Princess Chariclee von Hohenlohe/ Princess Charicleia Ypsilanti, daughter of Baroness Elene Sina and Prince Gregory Ypsilanti.
..by some documents at the city hall this was the “Ypsilanti’s fortress“. However, among those who have owned the building include Dudescu Nicolae Constantin and his son who subsequently sold it Hagi banker John Mosco. The Mosco family will sell the complex to a Greek Vienna Simon Sina. The last owner was Ivanciu Gruiev lessee…
The (Uranus?) hill was cultivated all of grape-vines and orchards even since the time of Alexander Ypsilanti (1774-1882), who in 1775 erected near the St Spiridon Old Church, the royal residence called New Court  , which became Court Arsa (burnt court) after it was destroyed by fire in 1812.