Princess Ekaterina Ipsilanti

“A watercolor made by W. Wats after an engraving by Luigi Mayer shows this castle in 1793. It was a new, solid, imposing building with an enormous church, which was dedicated to St. Catherine by the name of Princess Ipsilanti, Ecaterina , and from which there is a tower. It was above the monastery, which, like any great monastery with a princely founder, had a royal apartment called the “Royal Houses”. It is the only picture of this castle that fell the fire prey during Caragea and for this reason it was called the “Cursa Arsa”.

https://www.zf.ro/ziarul-de-duminica/curtea-domneasca-de-la-mihai-voda-3648482

 

Courtea-Ekatrina-Bucuresti_punte_1837

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisements