Monastery Three Hierarchs-Iasi/Alexandros Ypsilantis (Greek Revolution)

 

jassy_iasi-trei_ierarhi_monastery_j-rey_1845

(Iasi) Trei Ierarhi Monastery (J 1845)

-see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trei_Ierarhi_Monastery

“The printing house established at Trei Ierarhi (Three Hierarchs) is considered to be the first in Moldova. The printing press issued the first book in Romanian “Cartea romaneasca de invatatura” (Romanian Book of Knowledge) (1643), and also other reference books for the Romanian culture.

In 1821, it’s from the courtyard of the Monastery Three Hierarchs that was given the signal for the liberation of Greece, through the voice of Alexandru Ipsilanti who presented a Proclamation (28 February 1821) in which he stated the objectives of the Eteria, in it’s fight for the liberation of the Balkan nations.
In 1997, in the monastery’s churchyard was unveiled the bust of Mihai Eminescu, who had lived here for a while.”

http://www.romanianmonasteries.org/other-monasteries/iasi-churches/trei-ierarhi

“Church’s dedication day is the feast “The Three Holly Hierarchs: Vasile (the Great), Grigore (de Nazianz), Ioan (Gura de Aur), on the 30th of January.

“Ypsilanti fortress”(1750)-Str. Ilioara no. 15-Bucharest

dsc01129.jpg

..by some documents at the city hall this was the “Ypsilanti’s fortress“. However, among those who have owned the building include Dudescu Nicolae Constantin and his son who subsequently sold it Hagi banker John Mosco. The Mosco family will sell the complex to a Greek Vienna Simon Sina. The last owner was Ivanciu Gruiev lessee…

Court Arsa and Alexander Ypsilanti (1774-1882)

 

The (Uranus?) hill was cultivated all of grape-vines and orchards even since the time of Alexander Ypsilanti (1774-1882), who in 1775 erected near the St Spiridon Old Church, the royal residence called New Court [21] , which became Court Arsa (burnt court) after it was destroyed by fire in 1812.

alexandru-ipsilantis

 

The seal of Alexandru Ipsilanti from 1779

condica-manastirii-bistrita-stema

The seal of Alexandru Ipsilanti from 1779, under which it is written:

“Io Alexandru Ioan Ipsilant  voevod  bojiiu  milostiiu gospodar Zemle Vlaskoe”.

(..at Romanian Monastery Bistrita: http://www.wonderful-romania.com/index.php/component/k2/item/165-the-bistrita-monastery-a-place-of-spiritual-healing-a-font-for-romanian-culture-and-a-museum-of-old-books)